Hello church family,
In today’s SV Update we want to give you information regarding our Re-Gathering for Worship.
Our plans to Re-Gather on June 21st at 9am are coming together. Even though we are having a service on campus, we will continue to broadcast on Cable TV, live streaming on Facebook Live and YouTube and on the Radio. To find out more, click here: Watch Live
We want you to know the precautions we will be taking to make our Re-Gathering as safe as possible. We have guidelines for us to Re-Gather. These guidelines will help us stay safe and healthy. We want you to know them so you can prepare before you come. They include:
- All staff, volunteers, and attendees will be asked to wear masks for the safety of others, in accordance to the CDC guidelines. (Excluded are those who are on the platform or wearing microphones)
- Social distancing guidelines of 6ft. should be observed at all times.
- Worship Center capacity will be limited to 335 people due to social distancing.
- In order to protect those attending, we ask that you refrain from handshakes or hugs. Waving and social distancing high 5’s are encouraged.
- All traffic areas and seating will be thoroughly disinfected and sanitized before services, including high-touch surfaces.
- SVkids, SVstudents and on-campus Small Groups will not be available at this time.
- Pens will not be available at this time. Please be sure to bring your own.
The full list of our safety measures are listed on our website at sv.church/updates.
If you, or one of your family members fall in the high risk category, you are welcome to come and worship with us. But, if you decide to wait a while before coming to worship, we support your decision to continue to worship with us from home. We look forward to seeing you very soon.
We understand if you have young children it might be difficult to worship together until we are past some of these guidelines. We support your decision if you decide to continue to worship with us from home. We want you to know you and your family are greatly missed.
Below are some of the things we have done, and are doing, to get the building ready for us to Re-Gather:
- As soon as the decision was made to do online services only, our custodial staff started deep cleaning the entire building. We want you to know we are using CDC, COVID-19 approved products to deep clean.
- Our custodial staff has spent the first couple of weeks cleaning and disinfecting all the door handles, handrails, hard surfaces; like the welcome tables, chairs, greeter desks and countertops. They even have sprayed down the elevators.
- We have made a daily, weekly, and bi-weekly schedule to clean all of the building as it is being used. This plan includes: cleaning all door handles, handrails, and hard surfaces. We are making sure that we are cleaning the surfaces that are touched every day. Including cleaning and spraying the doors and beside the doors where people touch when they open doors.
On the Sunday we Re-Gather:
- All water fountains will be disabled. This is one of the many steps that we are taking to help not spread the virus.
- Only bathrooms in the Worship Center will be open for use. There will be a limit on how many people can be in each of the 6 bathrooms. Social distancing needs to be maintained at all times. We will be cleaning these bathrooms regularly.
- Instead of passing offering plates during service, we have purchased offering boxes that are stationed throughout the Worship Center Lobbies for you to place your tithes and offerings in before and after the Worship Service. Of course, you can continue to give online, by mail or by bringing your tithes and offerings to the church.
- You will see many more hand sanitizing stations. There will be one at each entrance of our buildings and then there will be stations in all high traffic areas.
We are using a product called Vital Oxide and 2 foggers to help us spray disinfectant throughout the building. Vital Oxide is an EPA registered disinfectant and has been approved for COVID-19. This product is being used to sanitize and disinfect hallways, hard surfaces, seats, and all other areas throughout our buildings.
We are taking these steps to provide a safe and comfortable environment for everyone to come and focus on worshipping our Savior, not worrying about catching COVID-19. Your health and safety are very important to us at Severns Valley.
We want to thank Bryan Kelly, Mike Adams and all of our Custodial Staff for taking our health and safety seriously. We appreciate all your plans, hard work and concern.
For us to Re-Gather it will take many more volunteers than before COVID-19. We are recruiting volunteers right now. If you are willing to serve, or would like information about opportunities to serve, please contact Joe Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Because of all the changes in how we will be entering our buildings, training is needed for all who will be serving. Training dates are being planned right now. You will be contacted when those dates have been confirmed.
Day of Prayer
We are planning a Day of Prayer to help us prepare to Re-Gather on June 13th. This is a come and go event for you and your family to attend. You will be able to participate by walking around our campus or by driving. The Day of Prayer will begin at the Cross and then conclude back at the Cross. Our prayer for this day is to prepare our hearts to come and hear from our God on June 21st. We are excited about what God is going to do through the Day of Prayer. We hope you put this date on your calendar.
To conclude let us focus on what God’s word says about worship and those who desire to worship. Jesus says these words to the Woman at the well in John 4:23-24,
“But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him. God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”
John 4:23-24 (ESV)
We look forward to seeing you very soon,
Your Staff and Church Council