Hello church family,
We’re going to start by sharing some good news with you. This pandemic has affected all of us in so many ways. Summertime is something most looked forward to as a child and in some ways still look forward to it as an adult. For our staff, VBS and camps were and still are some of our favorite things of the summer.
Because of COVID-19 we have had to cancel our regular plans for VBS and camps. But, our SVkids and SVstudents ministries didn’t let this keep them from getting really creative. Both ministries are doing virtual events for children and for students.
VBS started on Monday with over 230 children registered. TWO HUNDRED and THIRTY children are registered and many more are participating in our virtual VBS. You have the chance to see what our children are doing by going to: YouTube.com/severnsvalley
Our SVstudents are also getting really creative. They will be hosting a virtual camp the week of July 6-9. You can find more info at sv.church/students.
We are less than 2 weeks away from our Re-Gathering Service on June 21st at 9am. We want to go over some of the changes that will be present when you come to the service.
The first change is to help us know who is going to be attending the service so we can make plans for all to attend. We also would like to know who is planning to attend just in case someone tests positive for COVID-19 we are able to contact everyone who attended. You will need to save seats for you and your family. If you desire to attend the service click this link: save a seat. (If you are volunteering on Sunday, we will need you to save a seat for you and any family members who will be attending. We will be asking everyone to sit together as households. Again this is a protection to not spread the virus.
When you come you will see some different signage on our campus. Parking light poles have color bands identifying the 4 different parking lots. Each color corresponds to a specific entrance into the Worship Center. We will have some of our amazing volunteers in the parking lots helping you navigate to the entrance corresponding to your parking location.
Entering the Buildings
Those parking in the:
- Red Lot – will enter into the Main Entrance and will be seated in the East Side Risers of the Worship Center.
- Blue Lot – will enter into the West Upper Worship Center Entrance and will be seated in the West Side Risers of the Worship Center.
- Yellow Lot – will enter into the West Lower Worship Center Entrance and will be seated in the West Lower Seating of the Worship Center.
- Green Lot – will enter into the Main Worship Center Entrance and will be seated in the East Lower Seating of the Worship Center.
We are reserving the Green Parking Lot going into the Main Entrance of the Worship Center just for our Sr. Adults those 65+ and those who have difficulties walking. Please help us to provide parking for our Sr. Adults by parking and unloading at another entrance if you are under the age of 65.
If you are interested in seeing more detailed information click here: Re-Gathering Update.
Inside the Buildings
You will then see some changes when you enter the building.
- You will see Hand Sanitizer Stations are in both the Worship Center Lobbies and also in the hallways from the Main Entrance to the Worship Center.
- You will see signage reminding you of some of the steps we are taking to make everyone feel safe while attending our service. Let’s remember to do as scripture says, “think of others more than ourselves.”
- You will see Tithes/Offerings Boxes for you to use instead of us passing the plate.
- You won’t see bulletins or pens. We are making that information available on our website.
- We will have restrooms open, but we are limiting the number of people who can be in the restroom at one time.
- All of the water fountains are disabled. So be sure you come hydrated.
Inside the Worship Center
You will then be directed to a specific door to enter into the Worship Center. Some of our volunteers will guide you to a row to be seated. You will notice some of the rows of seats are covered with plastic. These are covered for two reasons. One, to maintain social distancing we had to cover these rows. Two, when we need to add an additional service, the plastic can be moved between services to rows that were uncovered to protect from the spread of COVID-19.
Seating will begin…
We will open the doors to the Worship Center at 8:15am to begin seating. Please don’t come to the entrances before 8:15am.
All of our volunteers will be wearing masks and those greeting at doors will be wearing gloves.
- Doors open at 8:15am.
- Please wear a mask.
- Refrain from shaking hands and hugging.
- Social distancing guidelines of 6ft. should be observed at all times.
- Be sure to Save a Seat for you and your family members (even those volunteering).
- Please stay at home if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- We ask that you sit together as a household to make room for others to attend.
- Please remain in your seat until our ushers dismiss you by rows.
- SVstudents, SVkids, and on-campus Small Groups will not be available at this time.
We are excited about being able to worship together again. We encourage you to invite someone to join us in worship. You can invite them to watch us on Cable TV or online. You could also invite them to come to our Re-Gathering Service.
Day of Prayer
Lastly we want to remind you about the Day of Prayer this coming Saturday. It is come and go, beginning at 8am through 8pm. It all begins at the Cross. We will have directions and signage up for you to walk or drive around our church property praying specific prayers to help us prepare our hearts for worship. You will be able to download the Day of Prayer Guide from our website here: Day of Prayer. The Day of Prayer Guide will also be available as a handout as you walk down to the cross.
We are reminded that worship is an action. It’s something we choose to do. How we plan, prepare and posture ourselves for worship helps us to hear specifically what God desires us to hear and experience.
Revelation Chapter 4, gives us a beautiful picture of true worship. John is given a vision of heaven. In this vision he is taken into the throne room of God. There he sees all of creation worshipping God. He pens these words, and let them be our prayer today…
Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God, the Almighty,
who was, who is, and who is to come.Our Lord and God,
you are worthy to receive
glory and honor and power,
because you have created all things,
and by your will
they exist and were created.Rev. 4:8, 11 (CSB)
We look forward to seeing you very soon!
Your Staff and Church Council