How do you Prayer Walk?
Prayer walking is something you can do individually or as a family. It’s really simple and a great way to teach your children how to pray and show compassion for your neighbors. Start at your home and begin walking around your neighborhood.
1. You can stop at each house if you would like and pray for those who live in the house.
2. You could also pray for an entire street as you walk by each house praying specifically for those things listed below.
You can pray for these things while on your walk:
1. For you to have an opportunity to meet them, if you don’t know them, and to become good friends with them.
2. For them to be protected from the Coronavirus.
3. If they have children, pray for them and for their parents as they continue school at home.
4. Pray for their salvation. You can pray for them to come to know Christ if they don’t know Him as their Savior and/or pray for them to grow in their faith during this pandemic.
You can also leave them a note letting them know that you care for them and prayed for them while on your walk. (Please don’t put the note in their mailbox. That’s a crime!)
We’ve designed a little note for you to download and print at your home. There’s a place for you to write a note to them if you would like. It also lets them know how they can specifically ask for prayer if they so desire, by clicking and downloading here: SV Prayer Cards.
While you’re out prayer walking, snap a pic and share it with us by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to pray for you and your neighborhood!