Lead Pastor Search Timeline
Where are we in the process
The team is meeting with Context Staffing to strategize.
The team is prayerfully developing the church profile and church members are submitting surveys.
Context Staffing is working their vast network and combing through applications while the team is considering and vetting strong candidates.
The team is continuing to vet and has begun interviewing final candidates.
The candidate for Lead Pastor has been selected and will be presented to the congregation soon.
The Lead Pastor Search Team is so appreciative of all the prayers and encouragement from our congregation during this time. Context Staffing has also gone above and beyond in reaching through their connections and providing expert guidance.
We are thrilled to now be interviewing candidates and are humbled by the work of the Lord in delivering such highly qualified men who love His people and His church. A great respect exists for Severns Valley among those who applied, for which we are in awe.
We enter this most intense time of the search process in complete dependence on the Lord for His discernment and leadership. The team continues to be encouraged and is in deep prayer for the responsibility for which you have entrusted to us. Please join us in continued prayer in the following ways:
- Praises to the Lord for His work and mighty hand in this process.
- That God’s voice would speak clearly to the search team during the interviews.
- For the team to continue in unity with wisdom as God brings clarity in decision making.
- For the man God already knows will be leading our congregation, for his family and for his current church body in this upcoming time of transition for them.
- For unity among our church family as the lead candidate is presented and we prepare to welcome our next Lead Pastor.
- For our church staff and council as they lead us in this time and for the church body as servant leaders in the community.