Where: Severns Valley Baptist Church
Who: In partnership with Warm Blessings to invite guests to the clinic
Purpose: To meet the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those in our community by offering a free Medical Clinic
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed,” (Luke 4:18)
Scripture makes it very clear that believers are to care for others. When we look at how we can care, we must realize each individual has three important parts: physical, emotional and spiritual. Many times when we see someone in need we only see that which is visible. Their need may be physical in the form of an illness, or a wound, or the need for food. We may see someone else whose need is emotional. This could be depression, anxiety, fear, loneliness, or grief. Each of us has one need that surpasses any other need we may have. That need is identified as our spiritual need. We all need healing to take place spiritually. We all need to be reconciled to God because of our sin.
We’ve been asked by some, “Why are you doing a Medical Clinic?” Our goal is to do as Jesus did. To “proclaim the good news to the poor. To set the captives free. To help restore sight to the blind. To set free those who are oppressed. Can we help with the physical and emotional? Yes! But, most importantly, we can lead them to the only one who can heal their spiritual illness. His name is Jesus. This is why we are going to do a Medical Clinic.
We need your support. This Medical Clinic will only be possible through your donations. If you would like to donate, purchase and drop these items at the church or click the link below to give a monetary gift.
- Walmart gift cards in $4 and $10 denominations to pay for prescriptions and medical supplies
- Food items for “take home” Thanksgiving meals can be brought to the bins in the church lobby:
- Green beans (14.5-15 oz. can)
- Whole kernel corn (14.5-15 oz. can)
- Sweet potatoes (28 oz. can)
- Macaroni & cheese mixes (7.25 oz. box)
- Brownie mixes (makes 9×13-inch pan)
- Cash and credit card donations to help pay for medical and other food items.
Through your donations, families will receive:
- Pediatrics and Family Practice
- Flu Shots
- Pharmacy for free over-the-counter medications
- Eye Screening (we’ll be giving out reading glasses)
- Diabetes Prevention/Help Information
- Information for Free Hearing Tests
- Children can hang out with the SV Kids team with fun activities while parents visit doctors.
- The Community Health clinic – learn more about ongoing medical services
- Free Lunch for the entire family
- Helping Hand of Hope – learn about services provided by this agency (job readiness/job placement, budgeting classes, and other assistance)
- Celebrate Recovery – A Christ centered recovery ministry for those with hurts, hang-ups and habits
- Clarity Solutions – Offers pregnancy tests, medical information on pregnancy and abortion and compassionate support during this critical time in the life of a family
- Thanksgiving Take Home Meal – Ham and sides
- Guest Advocates (guides)
- Guest Registration
- Volunteer Check-In
- Setup Teams
- Clean Up / Tear Down Teams
- Guest Check-In
- Meal Team
- Bus Drivers
- Children’s Activities Team
- Exit Team
- Thank You Card Team
If you are interested in finding out more about each of these roles, download our Volunteer Roles description list.
Click the button below to inquire about serving.
For more information contact:
Jeff Wilson, Executive Pastor
Bryan Kelly, Pastoral Associate
Debbie Evans, Ministry Assistant